Re: Is this an MSIE bug?

From: Carl Morris <msftrncs@htcnet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 17:29:32 -0600
To: "WWW Style List" <www-style@w3.org>
| I have run across an interesting MSIE & CSS1 issue.  As near as I can
tell
| it's a bug in MSIE, but I would like a few more opinions before
sending it
| to MS:

| <!--
| .Normal { text-align: left; font-family: "Times New Roman";
font-size:
| 12pt; }
| -->
| <BODY>
| <P CLASS="Normal">
| <FONT SIZE="5" FACE="Times New Roman">
| This text should be fairly large.
| </FONT>

I would say it should, but others have already said that it is not...
I think HTML should override CSS1, however, there are good reasons why
it shouldn't, so I am torn between both.  At least when needed, you
could use a STYLE inline on the FONT tag to state the CSS1 declaration
for it...

| <P STYLE="text-align: left; font-family: \"Times New Roman\";
font-size:

Last I checked and \" was not correct ...  when was this added to the
spec, or where is it at in the spec?  I do knot that MSIE does not
support the correct way of using a ' quote.