Re: floating images flush bottom

From: <lee@sq.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 96 23:35:49 EST
To: davidp@earthlink.net, www-style@w3.org
David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net> wrote:

> lee@sq.com wrote:
>> Really, you're asking for break/paragraph properties, [...]
>
> No, I don't think so. Note that the IMG is contained within the
> paragraph.

I don't see what that has to do with it.  Block elements can nest.
They do it all the time :-)

> [...] The treatment of floated
> elements near the end of the paragraph is not clearly specified.
Well, I'm not sure about that.  But I thought from your mail that you
wanted to control the inline/break behaviour of IMG from styles, sorry
if I misinterpified.

[...]

> I was really hoping the "tag wars" would evolve to "property wars",
[...]
> NS insisted on spawning MULTICOLS. Wouldn't it have been much better to
> add "cols:" to style, applicable to any block element?

To be fair to Netscape, they did say MULTICOLS was an experiment.
It seems to be failing, mostly because of the poor implementation.
I don't want to divide the _document_ into columns, I want to
divide the _screen_ into columns.  Blackbird was better there.

But I agree with you, though.

Lee