RE: Tabs in CSS1

From: Stefan Olson <stefan@olsonsoft.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 09:14:01 +1300
To: "'Stu Harris'" <sirrah@baluga.maximumaccess.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
>>> I would like to see support for tabs added into the CSS
> spec, perhaps in a form like this within a style declration
> tabs {1.5in,2.2in,5in}

I too would like to see CSS tabs, but PLEASE NOT defined in inches!!! <<

As with all other CSS measurements you should be able to use any of the
measurement forms available, including points, pixels, ems, cm, etc...  I
chose inches because our customer base uses inches (or cm) to measure
tabs in our product, so it is the logical thing for us to use.  The fact that there
are other options there is great!

...Stefan