Re: Re:When will CSS rule?

Carl,
well on along title it can get pretty big--much bigger than you would
usually find in a book. Like I mentioned, many books use the philosophy that
all title except chapter heads should be *the same size as the text* and
only vary in one of the four font-families. I personally don't like my
headings wrapping around. The other thing is that I am dissatisfied with the
concepts available in HTML for marking content. I want a<copyright> tag. I
concepts you find in any book but not in HTML. Extending HTML's conceptual
space is important to me to keep my document structure logical and to have a
structure to properly hang style on. It may be more important when with
future search engines you'll ask "find all occurrences of 'katy-did wing' in
<poem>."

Steve

At 05:28 AM 11/19/96 +0000, Carl Morris wrote:

>I never have understood this "h1" to big thing...  All my pages start
>H1 and end H6 and I don't really hate the size...  but then again CSS1
>is designed to try to please more people ... :)

   _/     Steve Knoblock, ed., City Gallery
             knoblock@worldnet.att.net
   _/     City Gallery - History of Photography
             http://www.webcom.com/cityg
   _/     Member:  National Stereoscopic Association
            http://www.tisco.com/3d-web/nsa/nsa.htm