Re: Relative weight - reader vs. author styles

From: Steve Knoblock <knoblock@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 14:45:48 -0500
To: Chris Josephs <cpj1@visi.com>, David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Cc: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>

>2.  The UA offers a full style-sheet editor program that provides a nice
>GUI for controlling aspects of margins, link color, typeface, line height,
>etc, etc and writes the stylesheet automatically.  (If you've ever used
>Mosaic for the Mac you are probably accustomed to having a lot of
>flexibility with styles).

I like this alternative. While it does not have to be a editor, a dialog
might allow the user to select fonts, font size on body and headings, color
and underlining of links, page margins, etc. Properties I think everyone can
understand. I would not expect the user to create a sub-class on <p> anymore
than I would expect people to make their own book covers.

Steve
   _/     Steve Knoblock, ed., City Gallery
             knoblock@worldnet.att.net
   _/     City Gallery - History of Photography
             http://www.webcom.com/cityg
   _/     Member:  National Stereoscopic Association
            http://www.tisco.com/3d-web/nsa/nsa.htm