Re: column flow (was floating images...)

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:09:13 +0100 (MET)
To: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
Cc: "Chris Josephs" <cpj1@visi.com>, "Style" <www-style@w3.org>
David Perrell writes:

 > > This may be a longshot, but isn't there actually a proposal out there on
 > > columns for block elements put out by one of the CSS authors.  I remember
 > > seeing a posting on it around the time Netscape came out with <MULTICOL>.
 >
 > I remember seeing it... authored by Hakon Lie. But it seems to have
 > disappeared.

It's still there [1], authored by Dave Ragget, Bert Bos and myself.

[1]  http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Style/css/multi-column.html

We discussed the use of the term "gutter" in this context. While this
proposal uses the word "gutter" in the description, the term is not
used in the CSS syntax. We should remove "gutter" entirely in the next
revision.

Regards,

-h&kon

H      k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org   W o r l d   Wide  W e b  Consortium
inria # FRANCE http://www.w3.org/people/howcome