negative margins?

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 16:36:52 +0200
To: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Brian Behlendorf writes:

 > I'm watching Microsoft's style sheets informercial on the Mbone right now
 > (hi Bert!).  They are making a big deal about being able to indicate
 > *negative* inter-text margins to accomplish layering of text over text for
 > Wired-magazine-ish effects.  Is this a, uh, recommended piece of
 > functionality?

Yes. This has been one of the sticking issues in the past, but based
on implementation experience in Arena and MSIE it will probably go in
-- it's not that hard!. Negative indentation and margins enable som
very interesting visual effects -- see [1] for some screen shots using
CSS an MSIEb2. The specification will probably have some wording about
implementation-specific limitations on negative values.

[1] http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Style/css/msie/img/

Regards,

-h&kon

http://www.w3.org/people/howcome  howcome@w3.org