RE: Gutter language

alley is better than "column-gutter" or some other difficult to
remember, syntaxy thing that will annoy those people who aren't nerds.

i'm not saying it bothers me.... im the type who speaks c++ first,
englist second.  nevertheless, in developing a high level language for
financial calculations...i found that my best bet was to use words that
had a visual picture (alley) rather than a semantic description
(table-column-spacing).