Re: Gutter language

From: Ka-Ping Yee <s-ping@orange.cv.tottori-u.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 12:43:59 +0900
To: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
I have little experience with typesetting, but here's a suggestion.

David Perrell wrote:

> I noted another recent source that espouses (2). That doesn't alter my
> argument for the logical interpretation.

"Gutter" appears to be a term signifying the empty horizontal space
beside text.  According to David Perrell this applies to an entire
page of text; so why don't we just be sure to say "column gutter" to
mean the space between columns?

Ping