Re: Past tense of...wha'?

From: Stephanos Piperoglou <stephanos@hol.gr>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 21:10:22 +0300 (EET DST)
To: Walter Ian Kaye <boo@best.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> Hmm... no one has corrected "depreciated" to "deprecated" yet, so I will:
>
> Assets get depreciated, tags get deprecated. :-)

Now this is interesting. Since I first used the word on this list, I might
as well say this:

I wasn't quite sure how to write the thing. But I remembered the -n option
in shutdown(8) was deprec[i]ated in the latest released I installed the
other day, so I

$man 8 shutdown

'ed and there it was. Well, someone must now this better than me, I
thought. So there it is. You can laugh now. Or should I say laff?

================== Stephanos Piperoglou - stephanos@hol.gr ==================
WorldPort - my home on the Web   http://users.hol.gr/~stephanos/index.html
Hellenic Babylon 5 Support Campaign                             babylon5.html
The Alphabeton - the guide to greek-enabled computing           greek.html
                                                          ... and much more!
Official Athens College site:    http://www.gsc.net/hosted/athens_college
===== If my opinions were my employers, they'd be pretty wierd opinions =====

... Oof porothika (tm)