CSS and Eccentric Poems.

>>> Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca> 07/02/96
08:47am >>>
>At 08:52 AM 7/2/96 -0700, Gayle Kidder wrote:
>>Exactly. Please tell me why one would want to use a style
>sheet just to
>>add some eccentric spacing to a poem or to control image
>placement.
>
>A style sheet is _not_ appropriate for the eccentric
>spacing of an eccentric poem. Neither is HTML. HTML cannot,
>and will never be the perfect langauge everything anyone
>wants to be. If such a language were possible, it would
>have been invented years ago.

But isn't it planned to add a "style' attribute
to all HTML elements?

so one could do this:

<P style="margin=5em"> Oh, happy blue dog </p>
<P style="margin=10em"> your ceasless wanderings inspire
Painters</p>

and probably a lot more.

>PDF is perfect for a poem with eccentric layout needs and
>supported in browsers on all major GUI platforms.
>
> Paul Prescod

yeah, yeah, yeah.  You're obviously not the person who is
going to have to install all of those plugins.  I'm a
"tech support person" so I have a different perspective,
and I'd prefer to only setup one peice of software.

*ALSO*, have you ever offered both an HTML version of a
document, and a PDF version? People almost always go
for the HTML version.

C  h a r l e s    P e y t o n   T a y l o r
ctaylor@nps.navy.mil

The opinions and views expressed       ##  even though we're on
our own,

are my own and do not reflect          ##        we are never all
alone,

Those of the Naval PostGraduate School ##  when we are singing,
singing.

                   http://vislab-www.nps.navy.mil/%7ectaylor/