Re: IMG SRC=0

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 12:44:58 -0400
To: Gayle Kidder <reddik@thegroup.net>, www-style@w3.org
At 08:52 AM 7/2/96 -0700, Gayle Kidder wrote:
>Exactly. Please tell me why one would want to use a style sheet just to
>add some eccentric spacing to a poem or to control image placement.

A style sheet is _not_ appropriate for the eccentric spacing of an eccentric
poem. Neither is HTML. HTML cannot, and will never be the perfect langauge
everything anyone wants to be. If such a language were possible, it would
have been invented years ago.

PDF is perfect for a poem with eccentric layout needs and supported in
browsers on all major GUI platforms.

 Paul Prescod