Beyond Netscape ML

Pam Kagan writes:

 > Are there any provisions in existing CSS to specify the order in which
 > blocks of text and/or images will load...thereby allowing HTML authors
 > greater creative control?

This has come up in several discussions, but it's not in any of the
CSS specifications. The issue is related to the presentation of a
document, but it touches on so many other issues (net load, colormap,
persistent connections, interleaving of data) that I've resisted
addressing it up to now.

Also, while we can set properties on HTML elements like IMG, we cannot
set properties on images that are referred to from CSS properties:

  BODY { background: url(really-dull.gif) white }

Regards,

-h&kon

http://www.w3.org/people/howcome  howcome@w3.org