run-in headings

From: Scott E. Preece <preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 13:36:35 -0600
To: www-style@w3.org
In discussion of an earlier draft I commented that not supporting run-in
headings is a serious shortcoming.  Assuming it is still impossible (and
it isn't immediately obvious how to express it in the current formatting
model), I still consider it a major shortcoming.  In fact, it's
sufficiently important that I would probably support putting in an
explicit exception for it, like adding a Boolean property named run-in
that can only be applied to H* elements and suppresses a line break
following the element unless the following item is another H*.

scott

--
scott preece
phone:	217-384-8589			  fax:	217-384-8550