Re: unruly stylesheets vs. unruly HTML (was: battlefields)

From: David Megginson <dmeggins@aix1.uottawa.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 12:07:50 -0500
To: Gavin Nicol <gtn@ebt.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Gavin Nicol writes:

 > Sure, but for things like welcomes and whatnot, using HTML doesn't buy
 > you a lot of independence from presentation, and stylesheets are kind
 > of overkill.

But this is exactly my point -- you could use a single stylesheet for
20 or 30 welcomes and whatnot.  It would be overkill only if you
designed an individual stylesheet for each one.

David Megginson                Department of English, University of Ottawa,
dmeggins@aix1.uottawa.ca       Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA  K1N 6N5
ak117@freenet.carleton.ca      Phone: (613) 562-5800 ext.1203
WWW: http://www.uottawa.ca/~dmeggins  FAX: (613) 562-5990