Re: T.E.O.'s Draft--Cascading Speech Style Sheets (txt)

From: Raman T. V. <raman@mv.us.adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:23:26 -0800
To: lilley <lilley@afs.mcc.ac.uk>
Cc: raman@mv.us.adobe.com (Raman T. V.), JuanJo.Miguez@esat.kuleuven.ac.be, www-style@w3.org, raman@mv.us.adobe.com
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your note --first for the helpful comments-- and second in your
help in cooling the air -- that was sorely needed.

I posted a revised spec this morning that incorporates Evan's earlier comments
--so now the spec allows relative and absolute settings in most places.

The following statement is not an excuse, but the initial version I sent out
was *a draft* and I've been swamped by  real work which is why getting the
revised spec out based on  the feedback from the net  (including Evan's
detailed list) took time.
Note: The speech-style sheet spec is  something I'm primarily working on in my

I'd be happy if you found the time to take what I posted today and make
revisions to it --that may be a faster way of getting through the various revs
of this spec.
For the first-pass doing this via email is probably good enough --I've got the
version I posted today RCS checked in, so if you dont make drastic edits that
blow RCS out of the water, we should be able to make decent headway.

Best Regards,

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (415) 962 3945   (B-1 115)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (415) 962 6063
      1585 Charleston Road          Email: raman@adobe.com
      Mountain View, CA 94039 -7900  raman@cs.cornell.edu
      http://www-atg/People/Raman.html (Internal To Adobe)
      http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/raman.html  (Cornell)

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and in no way should be taken
            as representative of my employer, Adobe Systems Inc.