CSS1 becomes W3C Recommendation

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 17:36:19 +0100 (MET)
To: www-style@w3.org
I'm happy to announce that the CSS1 specification [1] has become a W3C
Recommendation. It has been reviewed by W3C Members and general
consensus that the specification is appropriate for use has been
reached. W3C promotes widespread deployment of CSS1. You will find the
press release on W3C's home page [2].

Many thanks to the people on this list who have contributed to the
development of CSS1. Although Bert and I haven't always been speedy in
replying to CSS questions and requests, you will find traces of
www-style messages all over the document. We would have had a less
solid document -- or perhaps no document at all -- if it hadn't been
for the participation and enthusiasm of this group. We have tried to
acknowledge [3] everyone who have contributed to the text of the
specification. Let me know if there are errors or omissions.

www-style will continue to be a technical discussion forum for Web
Style Sheets. Among the areas we are working on extending CSS is
extended layout, speech, fonts, printing and aural style sheets.

[1] http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/REC-CSS1
[2] http://www.w3.org/
[3] http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/REC-CSS1-961217.html#acknowledgments

Regards,

-h&kon

H      k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org   W o r l d   Wide  W e b  Consortium
inria # FRANCE http://www.w3.org/people/howcome