RE: background images/Internet Explorer

From: Steve Knoblock <knoblock@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 17:31:32 -0500
To: "Chris Wilson (PSD)" <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>, <www-style@w3.org>
my wish is that you put a new year's rush on background colors and graphics
in liked stylesheets.

That aside, is this a bug or a "feature" of CSS? When I add a background to
a DIV it does not appear. I thought they had the same properties as a P
except for the extra whitespace.

At 06:39 PM 12/16/96 +0000, Chris Wilson (PSD) wrote:
>There were a few bugs with quoting in CSS with IE 3.0 and 3.01.  Also,
>background images do not work from linked stylesheets.  Remove the
>quotes from the snippet below, make sure it's in an embedded stylesheet,
>and you shouldn't have any problems.
>Oh, and JPEG images work fine for background images.
>	-Chris
>Chris Wilson
   _/     Steve Knoblock, ed., City Gallery
   _/     City Gallery - History of Photography
   _/     Member:  National Stereoscopic Association