Re: Cascading Style Sheets 1

This page at the Netscape site pretty much says it all:

http://home.netscape.com/comprod/products/navigator/version_3.0/new_features
.html

If you don't really want to go there, then here is a direct quote from the
document,

"These new layout capabilities add rich functionality to the page. The
features were designed at the request of customers who wanted fast
improvements to Web layout capability, and are  intended  to be compliant
with more complex initiatives such as CSS Style Sheets. After getting user
feedback on the new features, Netscape will submit them to W3C for
consideration for future HTML standards."

To me, the last sentence typifies the Netscape approach to the web; they
seem to feel that whatever they want to do may as well be considered a
"standard." I could easily be wrong (and have heard the rumors that they
intend to support some subset of CSS), and it would be nice if I were
wrong, but I simply don't have any faith in either Netscape or the
programming team that writes Navigator.

just my half-cents worth,
gordon
<!--
gordon@gly.fsu.edu   http://gly.fsu.edu/~gordon/   MS IE v3.0 enhanced
         BS Geology, FSU, 1995     Volunteer for Science, USGS
                       MS Activate the Internet finalist
-->

| From: Bob Walsh <bobw@skypalace.com>
| To: 'www-html@w3.org'; 'www-style@w3.org'
| Subject: Cascading Style Sheets 1
| Date: Sunday, December 15, 1996 9:09 PM
|
| Is Netscape 4.0 going to support the Cascading Style Sheets 1
specification, and if so, to what extent?