DSSSL TEI stylesheet available

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 16:55:07 +0100 (MET)
To: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM (Jon Bosak)
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Jon Bosak writes:

 > In previous messages I have pointed to versions of a DSSSL stylesheet
 > for HTML 3.2.  The HTML 3.2 stylesheet shows how DSSSL can be used to
 > program formatting features such as automatic table-of-contents
 > generation that cannot be achieved in a purely declarative style
 > language.

Automatic table-of-content generation can surely be supported by
declarative style sheets. Doesn't Panorama support TOCs this way [1] ?

[1] http://www.softquad.com/products/panorama/ppfeatur.htm

We've also been playing with TOCs in CSS, see [2] for a prliminary
proposal. Alas, TOC generation doesn't rank high on browser vendors'
wish lists, so this feature has not survived into current drafts.

[2] http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-csslayout-951220.html

Regards,

-h&kon

H      k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org   W o r l d   Wide  W e b  Consortium
inria # FRANCE http://www.w3.org/people/howcome