Re: CSS logo proposal

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 00:37:40 +0100 (MET)
To: Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Steven Pemberton writes:

 > I think it is time to stop trying to create new logos, and come to
 > some sort of closure.

Agreed. It seems like consensus is forming around suite 1/5 with an
enthusiasitc minority arguing for a (-based logo. I have much
sympathy for this approach, but think this will leave us without a
working logo in a critical introduction phase. We should, however,
make sure that the textual parts of a button can be specified in < as
well -- when time is ready.

 > I propose that we empower H&kon to create a penultimate version of
 > the Suite 1 logos, plus a button with the required wording and logo,
 > that allows us one more look, and then we declare it formal.
 >
 > Can we put a deadline of 1st January on this? I want to use it!

Great! The plan is to come up with a suite of logos that vary in size
(from buttons to banners) and color (b&w, pastel, greenish, redish,
neon) to suit various pages. I will need professional help to render
the images and hope to have the result ready if/when $$ becomes a
W3C Recommendation.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed -- please continue to do so.

Regards,

-h&kon

H      k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org   W o r l d   Wide  W e b  Consortium
inria # FRANCE http://www.w3.org/people/howcome