Re: Tabs in CSS1

Scott E. Preece wrote:
> I'd really like to see a prototype-based option as well as absolute
> positions (so you can position the tab stop so it's at least wide
enough
> for a given prototype string).

Using ems for measure and a standard font, you could spec a width that
would always size to accommodate a given string.

Obviously t'would be much simpler to have the correct width generated
automatically rather than finding it by trial-and-error. If this option
doesn't get into the spec, maybe someone can write a plug-in that gives
an em measure readout for text you highlight.

David Perrell