Re: Wild prediction

From: William Perry <wmperry@aventail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 07:23:18 -0700
To: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
CC: www-html@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
Paul Prescod wrote:

> "SAN FRANCISCO (August 26, 1996) -- Netscape Communications Corporation
> (NASDAQ: NSCP) today announced the formation of Navio Communications, Inc.,
> an independent Internet software company in which Netscape has a major
> equity position. Navio will introduce the power of the Internet to millions
> of people by delivering core, scalable software based on Netscape Navigator
> technology for a wide variety of consumer and non-PC products such as
> televisions, telephones, set-top boxes, game players, and the new breed of
> network computers and information appliances designed for homes and businesses."
>         http://www.netscape.com/newsref/pr/newsrelease221.html
> ----
>
> I wonder how well pages with <FONT SIZE=1> will look on a television set?
> Maybe Netscape (or at least Navio) will embrace structural markup!
>
>  Paul "All of a sudden 'platform independant' seems to make sense" Prescod

  My favorite of the week has got to be:
http://www.cnet.com/Content/News/Files/0,16,2271,00.html

  NS 3.0 apparently introduced a few extra pixels in window decorations
on
the Mac, which has thrown some content-providers into a panic and
'forces' them
to redesign their entire site.  How special. :)

-Bill P.