Tag Soup.

From: Charles Peyton Taylor <ctaylor@wposmtp.nps.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 11:25:52 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
What exactly is the resistance to having many tags?  I can see
the problem with block elements not having line breaks, and I can
see the problems with formatting elements as opposed to content-based
elements.

It would seem that if you have many attributes, or many "standard"
classes (god, I hate the thought of that) you would still have to
do as much parsing as you would for having many elements.

So what is the point of the resistance to adding (content) tags?

C  h a r l e s    P e y t o n   T a y l o r         ctaylor@nps.navy.mil
The opinions and views expressed       ##  even though we're on our own,
are my own and do not reflect          ##        we are never all alone,
Those of the Naval PostGraduate School ##  when we are singing, singing.
                   http://vislab-www.nps.navy.mil/%7ectaylor/