Re: Generic Markup [was:Re: deprecated tags in Wilbur & Cougar]

From: Marc Salomon <marc@ckm.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 10:59:03 -0700
To: bosak@atlantic-83.eng.sun.com (Jon Bosak), gtn@ebt.com
Cc: papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca, kmc@harlequin.com, marc@library.ucsf.edu, www-style@w3.org, www-html@w3.org
bosak@atlantic-83.eng.sun.com (Jon Bosak) wrote:
|But not in an environment where hyperlinking is part of the picture.
|Without a way to map agreed-upon hypertext behaviors to specific
|pieces of language, the Web won't work.

Exactly.

I was thinking this weekend that it's pretty easy to agree what a paragaph or a
section should be, and how to behave at certain levels of structural nesting.
 But how do you communicate programattically what how <A HREF=".."> is
implemented?  Or <FORM> elements?  Or functionality that we haven't even
thought up yet?

-marc