Re: font specification in CSS1

From: Jon Bosak <bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 16:57:00 -0700
To: fahrner@pobox.com
CC: davidp@earthlink.net, www-style@w3.org
| y'all wrote:
| > I can see an advantage in allowing *any* common weight specifier. The
| > UA simply keeps two heirarchical lists of all the common weight names
| > with corresponding pointers. For example, the 'boldness' heirarchy
| > might include, successively, 'nord, ultra-black, black, ultra-heavy,
| > ultra-bold, super, heavy, extra-bold, bold, demi-bold, semi-bold,
| > demi, medium, book, roman, regular, normal.' If someone specifies

Does anyone care that there is already an ISO standard for font
characteristics that addresses all of this?

No?  OK.  Never mind.  Have fun.

Jon Bosak, Online Information Technology Architect
Sun Microsystems, 2550 Garcia Ave., MPK17-101, Mountain View, CA 94043
Davenport Group::SGML Open::ANSI X3V1::ISO/IEC JTC1/SC18/WG8::W3C SGML ERB