Re: font specification in CSS1

From: Jon Bosak <bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 16:57:00 -0700
To: fahrner@pobox.com
CC: davidp@earthlink.net, www-style@w3.org
| y'all wrote:
|
| > I can see an advantage in allowing *any* common weight specifier. The
| > UA simply keeps two heirarchical lists of all the common weight names
| > with corresponding pointers. For example, the 'boldness' heirarchy
| > might include, successively, 'nord, ultra-black, black, ultra-heavy,
| > ultra-bold, super, heavy, extra-bold, bold, demi-bold, semi-bold,
| > demi, medium, book, roman, regular, normal.' If someone specifies

Does anyone care that there is already an ISO standard for font
characteristics that addresses all of this?

No?  OK.  Never mind.  Have fun.

Jon

---
Jon Bosak, Online Information Technology Architect
Sun Microsystems, 2550 Garcia Ave., MPK17-101, Mountain View, CA 94043
Davenport Group::SGML Open::ANSI X3V1::ISO/IEC JTC1/SC18/WG8::W3C SGML ERB