RE: Problem with float left and drop caps

From: Jonas Salling <salling@cooper.xanthus.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 13:30:36 +0100
To: "'Hakon Lie'" <howcome@w3.org>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Wouldn't adding "clear: left" to the first-letter would look like this:
----- he first line
  |   he second line

-----

Adding "clear: left" to the containing P seems awkward...
Besides, I don't think "knowing your content" should be
required in this case. What we want to get clear of is
floating objects on the same level as the "anfanger" letter.
Maybe we should consider additional values for the
"clear" and/or "float" properties?

/Jonas