Status?

From: Hakon Lie <Hakon.Lie@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 13:21:49 +0200
To: mwm@contessa.phone.net (Mike Meyer)
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Mike Meyer writes:

 > In particular, the HTML 3 draft is about to expire, meaning there
 > won't be any active document that describes the presentation elements
 > from HTML 3.0/HTML+ that have made it into common use. It doesn't like
 > like the style sheet I-D will cover that. Anyone have any thoughts on
 > this?

I don't think the CSS draft specification should cover this. CSS is
now general enough to apply to any application of SGML. HTML is
consistently used in the examples since it's likely to be the first
target.

Among the different parts of the HTML3 spec, I find the presentational
aspects to be the least useful. They were introduced at a time when
no style sheet alternative was in place. We are now close to having
better alternatives, and would rather see standardization efforts go
into style sheets. Of course, I'm biased on this topic.

Regards,

-h&kon

http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/People/howcome/