Re: Conditional application of style hints

From: Steven Grimm <koreth@hyperion.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 1995 20:24:55 -0700
To: www-style@www10.w3.org
In external.www-style you write:
>How about grouping style elements? Rather than a simple "do this one
>if you can do that one, otherwise not", it's a collection of "Do all
>of these, or none of them".

Yes, I like your [] syntax.  It's much cleaner and more intuitive than what
I came up with, and I can't think of anything my syntax can do that yours
can't.  And it's easier to parse, too.

Something like this would go a long way toward solving some of the potential
problems with stylesheets, especially in terms of user settings conflicting
with a document's hints.

-Steve