New directive for CSS: @title

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler <bsittler@prism.nmt.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 19:50:42 -0700
To: www-style@www10.w3.org
I would like to propose another CSS directive, @title. It would take a
single string literal as an argument, and would be used in the UA to refer
to the stylesheet. It would be limited to being the first directive in the
sheet, and could only appear once. The idea is that the user doesn't have
to remember what each stylesheet is by URL, especially when as sheet has
changed locations (i.e. copied to local disk.)

Example usage:

@title "XYZ House Style"

H1, H2, H3 {
   background: "http://www.xyz.com/backdrop.png" 0.9 1.0 1.0 /
transparent;
   bg-style: repeat fixed;
   bg-blend-direction: SE      /* this could look extremely cool if
                                  fades were implimented for images,
                                  which is necessary for PNG support
                                  anyhow. */
}

--
Benjamin C. W. Sittler
   "I have great confidence in fools -- self confidence my friends call it."