tables

From: David Seibert <seibert@hep.physics.mcgill.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 16:29:55 -0500 (EST)
To: HTML Style <www-style@w3.org>
Since only Scott commented on my suggestion for resolving framing
conflicts in tables the first time, and I've revised it significantly
since then (Thanks for your comments, Scott!), I have posted it at

      http://www.physics.mcgill.ca/hepdocs/table_style.html

My suggested rule change would increase the power of the table facility,
encourage the use of style within tables, and facilitate good authorship
practices such as the use of meaningful classes to emphasize table
elements.  I think that this is a significant improvement to the CSS1
specification, and I would like to discuss it at WWW4.

David

Work: seibert@hep.physics.mcgill.ca         Home: 6420 36th Ave.
Physics Department, McGill University       Montreal, PQ, H1T 2Z5
3600 Univ. St., Mtl., PQ, H3A 2T8, Canada   Canada
(514) 398-6496; FAX: (514) 398-3733         (514) 255-5965