Re: draft-ietf-html-style-00.txt

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@stonehand.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 95 14:40:18 -0500
To: Bert Bos <Bert.Bos@sophia.inria.fr>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

    Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 19:56:00 +0100
    From: Bert Bos <Bert.Bos@sophia.inria.fr>

       2. No style properties in attributes (STYLE="...")

    The argument for (2) is that it leads to bad design. It may also be a
    little bit less efficient for future sophisticated browsers. But some
    people want this facility, so I guess we just have to accept this in
    HTML.

It seems to me that IETF WGs work on a consensus basis.  I don't believe
there is a consensus on a STYLE attribute.  Some people oppose it quite
strongly.  Therefore, it should be removed.  "Some people want this" doesn't
cut it!

Regards,
Glenn Adams