Re: Proposal: Fix discrete to animation in SVG 1.1 Second Edition

From: Alex Danilo <alex@abbra.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 11:37:11 +1000
To: Brian Birtles <birtles@gmail.com>
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, www-smil@w3.org, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Hi Brian,

--Original Message--:
><snip/>
>> I made a simple test, too:
>>
>>  http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/test/svg/animate-elem-92-t.svg
>>
>> I would prefer to make this change only if we test it (by approving the
>> above test) and if we have at least two passing implementations of it.
>> As you mention, Opera and WebKit ignore keyTimes on discrete to-
>> animations, so of the above implementations (which are the only ones I
>> currently have access to that implement animation) only Batik passes the
>> test.
>
>Oh, that's a shame. Fixing Gecko should hopefully be as simple as
>backing out the patch where we "fixed" this (bug 544855). I'm happy to
>do that if you're confident we can get this changed in the spec.
>Otherwise, I wonder what Abbra does?

I just checked this out.

We do what Opera and WebKit do, namely switch at the 2 second
point (mid-point) of the discrete to animation. Also, we ignore
the keyTimes so the change happens at 4s instead of 2s for Cameron's
last test case in 92-t.

This is just another data point for you, I don't claim it's
what SMIL expects...

Cheers,
Alex