(no subject)

Hey Jack,

Do you Ambulant guys do much integrating with web based presentation of
content?  I've dug up a variety of flash players who claim to support SMIL
(for varying values of "support"), but so far as i understood it, Ambulant
is just desktop based, and implemented in C++, which makes it a difficult
reference implementation to those writing in languages typically used to
power the web.

Incidentally, do you know of any other SMIL3 players beyond Ambulant?

For Florin:

All w3c standards, to my knowledge, are free open standards, intended to be
stable and freely available for adoption by anyone who needs!  The company i
work for has had to implement our own SMIL player, but as i mentioned there
are flash players out on the web, some open source, which do claim to
support SMIL (for instance there is a rudimentary SMIL plugin for
http://flowplayer.org/ i believe).

Cheers,

-Ted