Re: SVG views in values lists

On Friday, May 7, 2010, 11:35:43 AM, Dr. Olaf wrote:

DOH> This was my impression too, because it appears within the part of the
DOH> fragment identifier.
DOH> Because this is presumably the only case, where such a conflict appears
DOH> in SVG, the SVG-WG could add some hint for authors and implementors
DOH> for this case either already to the SVG 1.1 second edition, as a proposed
DOH> errata or at least to an new version ...

This was discussed at todays call, and we agreed that the semicolon did indeed clash with the lists separator.

We decided to add authoring advice that URIs used in such lists should have any semicolons escaped (for example with an NCR).

Would that address your concern?

We also added ACTION-2784
Create Test Case for Animating SVGFragmentIdentifier

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2784

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG