Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing: how similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names be?

Taking silence as assent on this sort of thing is
tricky... I'm checking internally with the W3C staff,
but one thing I've forgotten to do in some other
cases is also check directly with the chairs and WGs.

Dick, Eric, would you please
(a) acknowledge receipt,
(b) let us know whether the SMIL WG is OK with this?

If you can't do them both in a few days, please do
(a) and estimate when you can do (b).

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 02:41 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2009, at 2:26 AM, Olivier GENDRIN wrote:
>
> > (+cc www-smil)
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:23 AM, Maciej Stachowiak<mjs@apple.com>
> > wrote:
> >> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/10
> >>
> >> Since this issue was raised, there has not been significant
> >> interest in
> >> changing the attribute names on <video> and <audio> to match SMIL
> >> elements.
> >> I suggest we close this issue. Anyone who wants to make a technical
> >> case for
> >> changing one or more of the attributes would remain free to do so.
> >
> > Did we recieved any advice from the smil team about this ?
>
> We had this input from the SYMM WG on December, 2007: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Dec/0219.html
>
> This linked to a detailed comparison, but there was apparently little
> interest in changing HTML5 <video> to be more like SMIL, since the
> message received no replies and there was no follow-up.
>
> Regards,
> Maciej

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E