Re: Response to [SMIL30 CR comment] to-animation (12.6.4)

On 2008-08-27 10:13, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
> Sjoerd Mullender:
>> This was already in SMIL 2.0.  In the section that defines the To
>> animation [1] it says: "a discrete to animation will simply set the to
>> value for the simple duration".  This has been made more prominent in
>> SMIL 3.0.  So this is not something new.
>>
>> I hope this answers your question.
>>

> I know, that is already available in SMIL2, however it was not relevant
> for SVG1.1 and becomes interesting now with SVGT1.2 referencing
> SMIL2.
>
> And it does not really answer the question, but maybe the answer is
> lost in the history of SMIL2 already ;o)

Then I don't understand the question.

As a further point, in SMIL Animation (which is what SVG 1.1 uses) there
is also the sentence "a discrete to animation will simply set the "to"
value for the simple duration" [1], so even in that version the
semantics were already there.  Why these semantics are like this, I
don't know.  I didn't follow the animation discussions very carefully at
the time.

[1] just below
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil-animation-20010904/#comma-wspBNF

--