Timesheets - UA Capability Detection

From: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:43:58 -0500
To: www-smil@w3.org
Hello all,

Is there a standard, recommended technique for detecting browser capability
when it comes to SMIL?  You may be aware of the FakeSmile library:

I would like to see hwo hard it would be to implement support for SMIL
Timesheets 1.0 into this library, but I would like to 'future-proof' the
library such that if (when) browsers start supporting it natively that the
script does not run.

I would like to be able to do this in Firefox, Opera, Safari, and Internet