Re: Regarding section 17.4.8 Media Object Modules of the SMIL 3.0 Language Profile ( LC-1788)

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
> My apologies for the delay in the reply.
>
> On 10/29/07, tmichel@w3.org <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>> Working Group Resolution (LC-1788):
>> Although the Working Group is sympathetic to the idea of using the new
>> MIME types video/ogg and audio/ogg, the SMIL specification cannot
>> use not-yet-registered MIME types.  The best we can do is say that
>> currently the MIME type is application/ogg and that it is expected to
>> change.
>
> That is appreciated.  Please state that application/ogg status "is
> expected to change".

The exact wording we used is:
"Note that the MIME type for Ogg Vorbis audio and Ogg Theora video
are listed as application/ogg.  The Xiph.org Foundation has decided
that it wants to change the MIME types of the various formats it
defines, so this MIME type may change in the future."

--
Sjoerd Mullender