SMIL for DivX advertisement

From: Javier Lopez Fernandez <javier@cachelogic.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 16:31:49 +0100
To: <www-smil@w3.org>
Hello,

I work for a CDN company and I want to push DivX as technology to play high quality videos on Internet.

What my customer is asking to me, is the possibility of add a video advertisement before watching the end user content.
What I need is to play an advertisement before playing the video and get it from a different object from my CDN.
The advertisement needs to be fully watched before starting the video.
I have seen this functionality available in Flash, but I prefer the quality of DivX.
I have the option of edit each video and put the advertisement at the beginning, but this is not efficient when we have lots of video/adverts.

Do you know if it is possible to use SMIL Language to do this kind of things? I have not seen anything similar on the web.

Could you provide me a solution to this, please?

Having advertisement model with DivX will add a powerful added value to SMIL language.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Javier

Javier López Fernández