Da: Jack Jansen [mailto:Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl]
Inviato: domenica 17 giugno 2007 0.48
A: ___
Cc: 'SMIL List'
Oggetto: Re: Urgent please

It is a bit difficult to read your code, but the problem may be that your
mixing up scheduled end and event-based end.

if bt_A.activateEvent is fired then two things happend immediately:
1. B_par ends
2. B_text2 ends

You're expecting that the end of B_par raises B_par.end which in turn leads
to B_text2 ending. This seems like a reasonable expectation, but I'm not
100% sure it is correct. "B_par.end" is different from "B_par.endEvent": the
first one is scheduled and the second one is event-based.

The exact distinction between those two mechanisms can be found in the SMIL
standard (in the timing section), but the hand-waving explanation is that
scheduled timing is pre-computed into the timegraph (similar to seq children
starting when their predecessor ends, etc) whereas event-based timing
happens on the fly (the timegraph is computed as if end="indefinite", I
think).

I'm not sure whether the standard specifies what should happen in this case
(a scheduled timing relationship depending on an event-based timing
relationship), maybe Sjoerd or someone else who understands this better than
me can explain?

But what I am sure of is that with a construct like this you're descending
into the deep damp cellars of the SMIL timing model, so you're quite likely
to stumble upon a bug. My suggestion would be to change the "B_par.end" into
"B_par.endEvent", thereby making everything event-based, and hoping that
that fixes the problem.