Extensibility and Versioning in SMIL 2.0 (and 1.0)

From: Philipp Hoschka <ph@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:39:34 +0100
To: www-tag@w3.org, www-smil@w3.org

I'm still digesting "Versioning XML Languages
Proposed TAG Finding 16 November 2003"

I wanted to point out that the issue of language versioning has been
addressed in SMIL 2.0 -

Various relevant links include

(an extension mechanism has also been in SMIL 1.0, but that is probably
subsumed by the above)

This is mostly an FYI (in case this was missed - maybe there are new
aspects in the design above - it took quite some time to design, as far
as I remember). It would probably also be interesting to have comments
on how SMIL would fit into the versioning framework built by the TAG.