Re: SMIL text formatting

Here's an example using SVG for captions in Realplayer with the Adobe SVG
plugin.  This plays correctly on my machine that still has Real8, but the
SVG plugin that I installed for RealOne has a quirk.  For each caption, if
you move your mouse out of the caption region (no clicking required), the
text moves into the correct position.  If you don't do that, the text is
moved and/or cut in half.  Curious, don't you think?

This won't work on Macs since there is no SVG plugin for RealOne on the Mac
that I know of.

http://ncam.wgbh.org/richmedia/media/svg_captions/elev_svg.smil

AWK

--
Andrew Kirkpatrick
CPB/WGBH National Center for Accessible Media

617-300-4420 (direct voice/FAX)
617-300-3400 (main NCAM)
617-300-2489 (TTY)

WGBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate,
inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of
learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.