RE: SMIL DOM

> From: Sigurd Lerstad
>
> I read in the past that the SMIL dom was discontinuted
> because of lack of interest. I was interested and had started
> implementing it. It's really annoying that it's gone, because
> as an implementor, it's really helpful to have defined
> interfaces to follow instead of inventing interfaces on your own.
>
> I really hope that you can put it back up, even if you stop
> working on it for a while...

It's still available (for now) at http://www.w3.org/TR/smil-boston-dom/.
I suggest you download the PDF in case the page really does goes away
and expires from Google's cache.

I too am working on an implementation, for the open source video editor
Kino:
http://www.schirmacher.de/arne/kino/

We use SMIL in an unusual way--as a post-production project file format,
and not as a playback language. We are just getting started, and will
probably only use this for some ideas. So far, we only use seq and video
elements as a "playlist," but we need to expand now. Consequently, we
need to more formalize our classes.