Re: RealNetworks Open Source and SMIL ?

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Philipp Hoschka wrote:
> How does this relate to SMIL (if at all) ?
>
> http://www.realnetworks.com/R/HLrnhp_072202R/www.realnetworks.com/company/press/releases/2002/helix_community.html

Still TBD.  We're nailing down the final details of our plan to release
code in 90 days, so I can't say whether SMIL is in or out.  Long haul, I
personally don't see any reason why we wouldn't put it out, but there
could be short-term logistical issues, and there's probably something I'm
not thinking about here.  We'll have a better answer to this question in
90 days or sooner.

(The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of RealNetworks,
it's cafeteria supply company or landlord.)

Rob