Re: Article on SMIL on xml.com

From: Jose Ramirez <joseram@empirenet.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 08:55:50 -0700
To: Philipp Hoschka <ph@w3.org>
CC: www-smil@w3.org

Philipp Hoschka wrote:
> Looks pretty good
>
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/29/smil.html

That was a good article :)
In the next SMIL piece he'll look ahead at the new modularization.

What are the chances that the future of SMIL include Netscape/Mozilla
producing a XHTML+SVG+SMIL browser?

Here's a SMIL 2 example, works on the latest RealOne. I would call it
a Cool Web example except that I associate the web with open,
free, non-proprietary technology, this piece uses MP3 audio and RealText.

About 500KB prefetched, 30 seconds:
http://www.geocities.com/ramirez_j2001/test3/timing_2/timing_2.smil

Jose Ramirez

Looking forward to the day when all the Multimedia puzzle pieces come
together.

-Broadband
-Ogg Audio support
  (treat audio like images, what proprietary image format do you use)
-open, free video codecs support (possible VP3 video)
-cheap high quality digital cameras (possibly with Foveon X3 chips)

Multmedia for the Masses :)