SMIL2.0 Functionality

From: Yoshihisa Gonno <ygonno@cocoa.freemail.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:59:28 +0900
To: www-smil@w3.org
I apologize if the below issues have already been discussed before.
I'm playing with SMIL2.0 and have several questions on its functionality.

1. Can SMIL2.0 describe media transparency, so-called 'alpha-blending'
effect ? I see how SMIL2.0 can describe transitional alpha-blending effect using
such as transIn and transOut. But I can't see how SMIL2.0 describes
stable alpha-blending effect between still images or motion video
streams.

2. Can SMIL2.0 describe image/video coloring effect such as 'sepia
decoration' or 'color to b/w deformation' or 'color-depth deformation' ?

3. Can SMIL2.0 describe image/video deforming effect such as 'mosaic
deformation' ?

4. Is there any conformance point how much SMIL2.0 should work with a
linked stylesheet ? Browsers and authoring tools should support CSS2.

I appreciate your advice.

Yoshihisa Gonno <ygonno@cocoa.freemail.ne.jp>