Re: Ogg Audio and SMIL 2 Success

Pablo Fernicola wrote:

> [...]

Hello,
Did I say force? All I was trying to say was, what made HTML successful,
simple to write,
base on open standards and nonproprietary media can also make SMIL 2.
People can use what ever audio format they what, but I think what's
going to happen is
audio will end up like images (jpg). Folks will just use the open
non-proprietary
standard and worry about the quality of the content.

> People are able to use
> HTML with SMIL and not have their users worry about what application
> they need to use to experience the content.
>
> -Pablo

The system that will win, will be the one millions of people can use.
SMIL 2.0 is
simple and well designed, what isn't simple right now is deciding which
audio format to
use, that'll change :)

Jose Ramirez