Re: SMIL 2.0 animation article

Here's a quote from the MS site.
The time2 behavior is available as of Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.5 only in the
Microsoft® Win32® platform.

<beginrant>

This isn't an article on smil2.0, it's an article on microsoft's custom extension of it.
And it ONLY runs on IE 5.5, which doesn't sound to OPEN to me, how about all you?

Why does microsoft insist on creating custom extensions to open standards and
then attempt to call them open standards?

We can't even get a common implementation of SMIL 1.0, let alone 2.0, and yet
again, Microsoft decides to rewrite everything for it's own purposes.

Sounds like their 'open' scalable vector format too...

Sheesh.

Companies need to stop inventing new 'standards' and start using the ones that are
out there (or implementing them correctly (HINT HINT) for once).

</endrant>

Mike Wuetherick
Technical Director
Chiselmedia