RE: making an "autocue" in smil

Sinclair,

I did something like this once using SMIL, where I first created a
RealText file containing the scrolling text.  Next I created a SMIL file
where one of the sources was the real text file.  This sample doesn't
show how you might synchronize the text with the video, here they just
start at the same time.  ALso, since I used RT for text formatting, I
used the RealPlayer for playback.

<smil>
  <head>
    <layout>
      <region id="text_region" top="145" width="367" height="94"/>
      <region id="video_region" width="367" height="137"/>
    </layout>
  </head>
    <par>
      <text id="text" region="text_region" src="url to RealText file
with scrolling text"/>
      <video id="video" region="video_region" src="url to AVI file"/>
    </par>
</smil>

Tammy Kohl
Technical Product Manager